Samsung PN50C7000 50-Inch 3D Plasma HDTV | Full HD 3D TV Reviews Blog
 

Samsung PN50C7000 50-Inch 3D Plasma HDTV

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Samsung PN50C7000 50-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV (Black)

This TV is absolutely amazing. The image quality is superior, and after the demonstrations in several models of Panasonic, Samsung and LG, I decided for the price of this TV, but everything I could wish for. I am extremely happy with my decision. After purchasing a Samsung LED in the month of December, I was a bit 'of "indifferent. My HDTV plasma before and after holding a pair of LCD and LED I decided to return to the plasma. I respect Panasonic and Samsung, but also took a brief overview of some of TV LED LG.

Eventually he came to the G25 and the Panasonic TV, PN50c7000. The image quality is more important to me, those who came before. Both TVs look great in HD (BD Source was Star Trek), but after the events of the two times I heard the PN50c7000 had the advantage. I consulted a friend of mine who is an expert in high-definition television (a professional calibrator) and broke the advantages and disadvantages of each model. I went with the PN50c7000 and could not be happier. The picture quality is fantastic, with rich colors and deep blacks. The addition of 3D was also a plus for me, but certainly not one of my priorities. Standard definition also looks amazing, and the SD quality TV these days can vary greatly from game to game (the G25 was not so great for playing card, a deal breaker for me). Finally, the ability of the Internet has had a lot of PNc7000 G25, which was another advantage as well as in 3D. Since the TV has tried many sources and appears to reproduce colors accurately, and again, a great contrast.

I also want to solve the problem with this TV has a lot of the so-called effect. The first generation of models of this TV came preloaded with the MJC (most recent are not), vibration or movement canceller, which made the trip look fake or ghosts when you look at some sources. It 'also a feature of the C8000 series, but for some reason Samsung has no option to disable the C7000. Many returned to their games angry about that, but it is a very simple solution. There are several options, the easiest option game modes. Change the game mode on or off in the general settings change for this purpose. Do this for each source and not the MJC. Samsung has also released a firmware update on their website that can be applied via a USB flash drive that will also solve the problem.The last option, which many people warned Tech made the rounds of the TV model to a model 8000 c7000 using the service menu, which offers a menu option to disable the MJC. I can confirm that it works, but do so at your own risk. It can potentially brick your TV, if you make a mistake. The first two options are extremely safe and easy to perform. Do not return the game because of it and give up a seriously awesome TV. Overall this TV has it all. An impressive PQ, the ability of the Internet and are all in PNc7000 3D, with an elegant finish and slim. I recommend this TV to anyone, while the G25 and the Panasonic TV is also a very impressive, my opinion leans towards Samsung this year.
Update: There is some image retention on this model that many will notice, including myself. Don't worry, its never permanent. There is a recommended 100 hour break in time with most plasmas, and this is no exception. If the temporary image retention bothers you, make sure you dial down the contrast and especially brightness. Do this for the first 50-100 hours and image retention should slowly become a non issue. For those who don't want to do this, run the scrolling bar across your screen when image retention occurs and it will do the trick. Note: I recently left my screen on pause for 3 hours(forgot to turn it off!) and of course it left quite a bit of burn in. I ran the scrolling bar for 2 minutes and everything went away. Works like a charm.

Update #2 : Well, after about eleven months of use(and eleven great months at that) a line of pixels has died in my screen. It is a very small line about 1/3 the way down. I opened the TV up to check all the connections and they were solid, so I have chalked this up as a bad panel. Luckily I bought an extended warranty so BB has ordered the new panel and will send someone to put it in at the end of this week. I'm almost positive Samsung also offers a warranty for at least the first year, but dealing with them will probably be complex and take a much longer amount of time.

I briefly searched to see if anyone else has had this issue as well but so far I have found only a few cases. While It is certainly disappointing to have a panel fail after only eleven months, the PNC7000 is still an amazing TV with stunning PQ. I would give it 4 stars, current conditions withstanding. Just thought I would share my experiences even if it is a rare occurrence.  



0 comments: